Cumulocity 1.0 available
Cumulocity 1.0 is now publicly available. Compared to Cumulocity 0.9, the release resolves a number of bugs and improves stability. It also includes initial support for application management. The full developer documentation is available at cumulocity.com/guides.
The system requirements for using the software development kit are described in Installing the SDK. The Cumulocity web user interfaces should work with most modern web browsers. The user interfaces are tested with Firefox 3.6, Chrome 16.0 and Internet Explorer 9 and 10.
Upgrading from C0.9
Cumulocity now requires an application key in the interfaces. The application key is used to track if a tenant is subscribed to an application that they use. See the REST implementation guide for more information.
Developers using the C0.9 client libraries need to update the libraries. For more information, see the section "Updating the client libraries" in Installing the SDK.
New features since C0.9
- Get a list of specified managed objects in predefined order.
- Tenant management user interface for operators.
- Application management using application keys as identifier for applications.
- Authentication is extended to verify that tenant user is entitled to use application which is making request to the platform.
- Add default security proxy to always secure REST resources.
- Fixed authorization.